Fall isn’t usually thought of as vacation time in Florida, most people think of the leaf viewing up in the northern states. But really, fall is a perfect time to visit Anna Maria Island. It isn’t as crowded, and there are plenty of fun fall things to do.
- Bayfest is one of Anna Maria Islands’ most anticipated events. It is back for its 17th year on October 21st. Bayfest features music, crafts, and a food festival. It is family-friendly and free to the public. The free trolley service makes it so easy to get to!
- Vacation rental rates “fall” in the fall too! It’s easy to plan your perfect fall getaway.
- Fall also brings with it the start of Stone Crab season. Stone Crab Season begins on October 15th and runs through May 15th. 98% of stone crabs are caught in Florida’s waters. Did you know only the claw is retained? The crab gets thrown back into the water so it can regenerate another one.
- Sea turtles are hatching. They begin in May and end on Halloween. Did you know that a sea turtle nest is called a clutch? Or that on average, 110 eggs are laid in a clutch? Watching them race to the water is quite the experience.
- Pumpkin Spice is almost as common as the word fall. Head on over to the Donut Experiment for a Pumpkin Spice Latte, or have one of their made-to-order donuts!
- If you’re looking for fall color, look no further than our gorgeous orange sunsets! We have the best sunsets here, they don’t disappoint!
- Take a dip. The calendar may say fall, but here that doesn’t mean cold weather. Our water is still nice and warm, so it’s perfect for a trip to the beach.
- Farmer’s markets return in the fall! These are a perfect place to get some nice crispy fall fruits and vegetables.
Silver Resorts offers two locations on Anna Maria Island. Bridgewalk, a Landmark Resort, and Silver Surf Gulf Beach Resort.
Bridgewalk is located on the quaint, centrally located, Historic Bridge Street and it offers spacious accommodations, most with Jacuzzi tubs and large screened verandas.