Anna Maria Island is a top destination for travelers looking for warm sunny beaches. If you’ve vacationed here, you are probably already planning your next trip back. If not, here are 6 reasons why Anna Maria Island is a top vacation destination.
- Anna Maria Island has some of the world’s most beautiful sunsets. Viewing a sunset is something you must make time for while you’re here.
- The island has beautiful views of the Gulf of Mexico’s turquoise blue water. Because the island is situated on the Gulf, the water is usually warm and perfect for swimming.
- Beaches. This 7 mile stretch of white sand along the Gulf has an abundance of public beaches to choose from; Coquina Beach, Manatee Beach, Bradenton Beach, Holmes Beach, Cortez Beach, Bayfront Park, Bean Point and Anna Maria Beach. Each beach offers something different. Bean Point is an example of a secluded and virtually untouched beach, while Coquina Beach has facilities, lifeguards, and plenty of parking.
- Anna Maria Island is known to have manatees and dolphins swimming off the coast. What better place to see these beautiful creatures than in their natural habitat?
- Anna Maria Island is “Old Florida” at its finest. Here, flip flops and bathing suits are a way of life. There are no high rise condos or chain restaurants either.
- Island life is laid back. You can be as busy, or as relaxed as you would like to. There are plenty of activities and fun things to do, as well as plenty of beaches to relax and take in the spectacular views.
Silver Resorts offers two locations on Anna Maria Island. Bridgewalk, a Landmark Resort, and Silver Surf Gulf Beach Resort.
Bridgewalk is located on the quaint, centrally located, Historic Bridge Street and it offers spacious accommodations, most with Jacuzzi tubs and large screened verandas.